Main Office: (304) 242-3340 Resources & Referrals: (304) 243-0996
Blog Post Image

Seeking Guidance: Who can you turn to?

Posted: February 29, 2024, 9:08AM

Caregiving affects us mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  It can impact relationships with partners / spouses, family, and friends.

So who can you turn to?

What do you need?  Perhaps information should be first on your list.  Do you know what's available? Do you know where to find help?  Make a list of what you need and who can help.

Do you need help with the hands-on care?  Do you need help with legal or financial issues? Do you need information?  

Can your family, neighbors, or church family help with socialization or sitting, or with tasks such as running errands?  State agencies often provide in-home assistance through county senior centers.  Agencies offer in-home assistance covering companionship, light housekeeping, and personal care assistance.

Elderlaw Attorneys specialize in law that affects older adults.  They can help with Powers of Attorney, Wills, Deeds on Death documents, caregiver contracts, and other areas.  If you need advice on Medicaid, make sure the attorney is experienced in Medicaid regulations.  Many people also have gas and oil royalties or lease agreements that need to be considered.

An accountant may be a consideration for financial matters.

There are many things to consider.

The Timely Resources Care Guides (TRCG) on our website will help you navigate caregiving. Click on the Senior / Caregiver Resources and Referral tab on the top left then click on Helpful Information. There are also other tools that will guide you.

Photo by Ann Koegler





No comments on this post.

Add a Comment

Your Name:

Your E-mail: (Your E-mail Address will be kept private.)

Your Comments: (Required)
Enter Verification Number (Required)

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Want to stay updated on special events at Altenheim? Subscribe to our email newsletter.

Sign Up Online →

Contact Altenheim

1387 National Road
Wheeling, WV 26003

Main Office:

(304) 281-8797 (cell)
(304) 242-3340 (phone)

Resource & Referral Services:
(304) 280-8701 (please leave a message)

Like us on Facebook



Contact Us Today →

Forms and Downloads